In the following situations, it is mandatory to file Income Tax Return in India.
- In case of individuals, if gross total income (before allowing any deductions under section 80C to 80U) exceeds Rs.2,50,000/-. This limit is Rs 3,00,000 for senior citizens ( who are more than 60 years old but less than 80 years old) or Rs 5,00,000 for super senior citizens (who are more than 80 years old).
- In case of a company or a firm irrespective of whether there is any income or loss during the financial year, it is mandatory to file income tax return.
- Income Tax return filing is compulsory if you wantto claim income tax refund.
- If you want to carry forward loss under any head of income, it is mandatory to file IT Return.
- Return filing is mandatory if you are a Resident individual and have an asset or financial interest in an entity located outside of India. (Not applicable to RNORs).
- If you are a Resident and have signing authority in a foreign account. (Not applicable to RNORs).
- You are required to file an income tax return when you are in receipt of income derived from property held under a trust for charitable or religious purposes or a political party or a research association, news agency, educational or medical institution, trade union, a not for profit university or educational institution, a hospital, infrastructure debt fund, any authority, body or trust.
- If you are planning to take a loan or apply for a visa, a proof of return filing may be required from you.
Our Tax experts will help you in filing your income tax return. We only need some documents and information and we are ready to go.
Contact us to file your return.